Name: Tuna and Noodles Casserole
- 12 ounces egg noodles (maybe 6 cups cooked)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 6-ounce cans solid white albacore tuna
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
Yield: 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions.
- Drain and add pasta to prepared pan.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in garlic and flour and cook 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in chicken broth and milk and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Once mixture has thickened, stir in peas, and tuna.
- Pour over pasta in the 9x13 pan.
- Add in cheddar cheese and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together bread crumbs, parmesan, and olive oil. Sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes, until bread crumbs are lightly browned.
Comments: 3/26/2020 - Done during the coronavirus pandemic, so I substituted 2 cups of rice
for the noodles. I wanted less than six servings so I used 1/2 to 2/3 of each ingredient. I used
a 2-quart casserole dish. I still got maybe 8 servings.
11/14/2020 - Again I made less than a full recipe, but it filled our largest
casserole dish. Herere my quantities: 4 cups noodles, 1 1/2 cup broth,
3/4 cup milk, 1 1/2 cup peas, 3/4 cup bread crumbs, and 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
Everything else was as given in the recipe.
Return to the main page