Name: Mushroom and Bell Pepper Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and diced (the colorful the better)
- 1 cup champignon mushrooms, sliced (Common white button mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Yield: 2-3 servings
- Heat oil until really hot.
- Stir fry onions (1 minute), then garlic (20 seconds).
- Then add peppers and mushrooms. Stir-fry until it becomes a bit soft, (about 2 minutes).
- Add the wine and soy sauce and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- When done, remove from heat and add the sesame sauce mixing it all together, and serve.
Comments: 10/22/2012 - I substituted sherry for rice wine and ordinary mushrooms
for champignon mushrooms. I also added tofu.
12/12/12 - No tofu; I liked it
12/18/18 - I substituted 6 oz of Portabella mushrooms for the champignon.
4/19/2022 - I substituted 1/2 a yellow onion for the green onions and dry
sherry for the rice wine. I used 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
It was good.
Return to the main page