Name: Steamed Broccoli
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce or vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper or black pepper
- Bring water to a boil, place the broccoli into the steamer set-up, and cover.
- Steam over medium heat for 4 minutes (for crunchier broccoli) to 7 minutes
(for more tender broccoli), until the broccoli is still bright green but cooked to your liking.
- Make the sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and garlic.
- Cook for 30 seconds, or until the garlic softens (there shouldnt be any browning).
- Add the water, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper.
- Stir the ingredients together, and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, turn off the heat.
- Place the broccoli in a serving bowl and drizzle with the sauce.
Comments: 5/25/2023 - I steamed the broccoli for 7 minutes. My garlic
became brown; it probably was cooked too hot for too long. I used a full teaspoon of
sesame oil, but omitted the pepper.
Return to the main page