Name: Skillet Fried Potatoes
- 7 medium russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3-4 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash and slice potatoes 1/8-1/4-inch thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When oil ripples, add an even layer of potatoes.
- Top with finely diced onions and sprinkle with seasonings then remaining potatoes.
- Fry potatoes for about 20 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes or so.
- When the potatoes are tender, turn up the heat a bit to get a deeper brown color and crispier
Comments: 7/15/2023 - I used 3 medium, yellow potatoes, half an onion,
and the seasonings as indicated. I used a spatula for flipping the potatoes.
They were good.
Return to the main page