Name: Sautéed Kale
- 1 1/2 pounds young kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Yield: 3 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored.
- Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add vinegar.
Comments: 4/12/2015 - Turned heat down to medium after removing the cover;
all the liquid did not evaporate.
Return to the main page