Name: Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 lb white button mushrooms halved
- 1 large sweet Vidalia onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Yield: 4 servings
- Melt the butter over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Stir in the Worcestershire Sauce.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they start to turn golden brown; approximately 5 minutes. Stir about every 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook until the edges brown and the onions become translucent; approximately 5 minutes. Continue stirring every 1 1/2 minutes
- In the final minute, reduce the heat to low and add the minced garlic; stirring continuously.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Comments: 12/31/2019 - I used 2 cups of pre-sliced Baby Bella mushrooms and
one sweet onion. I cooked the onion longer than recommended and omitted the salt & pepper,
but otherwise followed the
7/23/2023 - I used 8 ounces of mushrooms and one sweet onion.
Return to the main page