Name: Sausage, Pepper and Mushroom Hash
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, chopped into 1/2" cubes
- salt and pepper
- 14 oz package kielbasa, sliced
- 1 green bell, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 dozen eggs
Yield: 4 servings
- Preheat a very large cast iron or heavy-bottomed skillet over medium/medium-high heat (6/10 on the heat scale,).
- Then add 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and potatoes.
- Season generously with salt and pepper then saute, flipping occasionally with a spatula,
until potatoes are crispy and tender, 12-14 minutes, turning heat down slightly
if potatoes begin to burn before theyre tender.
- Scoop potatoes onto a plate then set aside.
- Turn heat to high then add remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Add sausage, peppers, onions, and mushrooms then season lightly with salt and pepper and saute until vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes, flipping with a spatula occasionally and turning heat down when vegetables begin to soften.
- Add garlic and basil then saute for 1 more minute.
- Add potatoes back into the skillet then stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs in a large nonstick skillet then place on top of hash and serve.
Comments: 12/29/2019 - I used 1 1/4 lb of potatoes,
10 oz Dietz & Watson Apple & Chicken sausage, a small red onion, a cup of sliced mushrooms,
a tablespoon of dried basil leaves, and four eggs. The potatoes were good after 14 minutes.
The vegetables were done in 5 or 6 minutes.
Return to the main page