Name: Sausage Frittata 2
- 10 ounces Tofurky Italian sausage crumbles
- 2 cups cubed, cooked red potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped, seeded tomato
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Yield: 8 servings
- Cook sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until hot.
- Stir in potatoes.
- Beat eggs, cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl with wire whisk.
- Pour over sausage mixture.
- Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes, occasionally lifting edge with spatula and tilting skillet to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. (Do not stir.)
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover.
- Cook 14-17 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Optional: If using an all-metal skillet, stop stovetop cooking after 8 minutes
and put under broiler in oven for another 3 to 4 minutes
- Top with tomato and onions. Cut into 8 wedges to serve.
Comments: 11/12/2014 - Substituted cooked chicken breast for the sausage,
and added some sliced mushrooms. It was good.
Source: Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sausage-Frittata/Detail.aspx
Return to the main page