Name: Perfect Roasted Beets
- 1 1/2 pounds beets (about 3 large or 5 small-to-medium)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt, to taste
Yield: 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Scrub the beets well with a vegetable brush under running water (no need to peel them at any point).
- Using a sharp chefs knife, slice off the base of each beet to create a flat surface,
and slice off the skinny pointy ends as well.
- Place each beet with its flat side against the cutting board and slice the beets in half,
then slice the beets into wedges of even thickness, about 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick on the widest edge.
- Place the beet wedges on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle the beets with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt.
- Toss until the beets are evenly coated, then arrange them in a single layer across the pan.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, tossing halfway, until youre able to pierce through the beets with a fork with light pressure.
- Season with additional salt, to taste, if desired, and serve.
Comments: 11/12/2023 - I did peel the beets. I tossed them with oil, but
without salt. I roasted them for 40 minutes.
Return to the main page