Name: Potato, Egg, and Avocado Hash
- 3/4 pound new potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small red peppers (such as Fresno), thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Yield: 4 servings
- Boil the potatoes in salted water in a large, heavy skillet over high until fork- tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain; reserve the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium.
- Add the potatoes, red peppers, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden, 5 minutes.
- Stir in the scallions.
- Make 4 wells in the mixture with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Carefully slide 1 egg into each.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover the pan and cook until the whites are just set, 6 minutes.
- Top with the avocados, lime juice, and cilantro.
Comments: 11/15/2023 - I had a red potato and a yukon potato, a red bell
pepper, 3 scallions, 1 avocado, and parsley. as well as the pepper, the eggs, and
the juice of one lime.
I reduced the salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
Source: Washington Post, 15 November 2023
Return to the main page