Name: Parmesan Peas
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 small shallots, sliced
- One 14-ounce bag frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus a pinch
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
Yield: 4 servings
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and a pinch of salt and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until the peas are soft but still bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and toss.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and a generous pinch of black pepper.
- Serve hot.
Comments: 8/25/2020 - I didnt have shallots, so substituted
mushrooms. The peas came in a 12 oz bag, and they were thawed by dumping them in boiling water.
I used the juice of 1/2 lemon, but forgot the salt. Gail liked it.
10/29/2023 - Once again, I substituted mushrooms for shallots and used a 12 oz bag of
peas. I used the juice of a full lemon.
Return to the main page