- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pork chops, uncooked
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the potatoes.
- Take 3 big double handfuls, and squeeze out the liquid.
- Add flour, and (in Dagmars words) mix the daylights out of it.
- Salt and pepper the chopped pork chops.
- Take 1/2 potato mix and put meat in the centre.
- Roll each into a ball and then into dry flour.
- Place in a big pot of salted boiling water and simmer 2 hrs.
Comments: A Swedish potato dumpling recipe. Gail MacKay wrote,
We ate this with butter, but I have had it with sour cream,
and I think we all agree that sliced and fried is the best.
Source: April 8, 2020, email from Gail MacKay, who got it
from her aunt, Dagmar Leonard, originally from Anna (Holm) Carlson
Return to the main page