Name: Lemon Potatoes with Beans and Feta
- 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds), unpeeled and quartered lengthwise into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 1/2 large lemons)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- One 15-oz can butter beans, or another white bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Position a baking rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees
- Place the potatoes into a 9-by-13-inch rimmed baking dish
- Pour the oil, lemon juice, and water over the potatoes, and sprinkle them with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes
- Using tongs, flip the potatoes and roast them 15 to 20 minutes more, until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork and browned in spots
- Add the green beans, butter beans, oregano, pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to the dish with the potatoes.
- Toss to combine and to coat the beans with the remaining oil in the pan.
- Return the dish to the oven for about 8 minutes, or until the green beans are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with the feta cheese and serve.
Source: Washington Post, 10 June 2020
Return to the main page