Name: Indian Spiced Peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup (100 grams) yellow onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons water
- 12 ounces (340 grams) frozen peas, defrosted
Yield: 4 servings
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add the onions and pepper and cook until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to low, and add the cumin, turmeric, coriander and garam masala.
- Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the water and stir well.
- Stir in the peas.
- Serve warm, garnished with mint.
Comments: 5/28/2022 - I used a whole yellow onion, which was about
1 1/2 cups, a whole orange bell pepper, and 2 cups of peas. I doubled the
amount of black pepper. The flavor was very mild.
Return to the main page