Name: Homemade Hoisin Sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses or 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Yield: 1/3 cup
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix with a whisk until well blended.
Comments: 2/29/2016 - I needed a little less than half the amount for
another recipe so I approximated. I used honey instead of molasses and
Tabasco sauce instead of Chinese hot sauce.
Return to the main page