Name: Gravy Without Drippings
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
Yield: 4 servings
- In a saute pan or saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour and pepper until no lumps remain.
- Cook for one minute.
- Slowly add broth to pan, whisking continuously.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until desired thickness is achieved, while whisking continuously.
- Remove pan from heat and season with salt to taste.
Comments: 12/15/2021 - I used 2 beef bouillon cubes for the broth. It worked well.
Return to the main page