Name: German Cucumber Salad
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, optional, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream (can substitute Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Yield: 8 servings
- On a platter, spread the cucumbers and onions.
- Season the veggies with salt and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the cucumbers away from the platter.
- In a large bowl, stir the sour cream, sugar, vinegar, dill, and parsley together.
- Fold the veggie mixture into the sour cream mixture.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 8 hours and up to overnight.
- Garnish with paprika and serve.
Source: Easier Eats
Return to the main page