Name: Fried Onions
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Yield: about 1 1/3 cups
- Pre-heat oven at 425º.
- Toss the onions with the flour, bread crumbs, and salt
- Coat a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray and evenly spread the onions on it.
- Roast at 425 degrees (middle rack) for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown, stirring 2 to 3 times during cooking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Source: Washington Post recipe, November 2019, adapted from an Alton Brown recipe on foodnetwork.com
and a recipe on the Frenchs Crispy Fried Onions label.
Return to the main page