Name: Easy Baked Ziti Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef round (at least 85% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces mini ziti noodles
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
Yield: 15 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Brown the ground beef and onion together.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and stir to mix.
- Cook mini ziti noodles according to package directions.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread half the noodles in the bottom of the dish.
- Layer the provolone cheese, sour cream and then half the sauce on top.
- Add the rest of the ziti.
- Sprinkle 6 ounces of shredded mozzarella over top the ziti.
- Top with the remaining sauce, parmesan cheese and the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- If you'd like the top to get a touch of brown, broil the casserole for 2-3 minutes on high. Watch carefully!
Comments: Estimated prep time 20 mins, cook Ttme 35 mins, and total time 55 mins.
Return to the main page