Name: Cheese Omelet
- 3 eggs per person
- Salt to preference.
- 1 tablespoon milk per person
- 1 teaspoon butter (or use cooking oil to cook at higher heat without burning)
- Cheddar cheese (A different recipe suggests 1/2 cup per person)
- Optional additional ingredients (bacon, ham, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc.)
Yield: One serving for each 3 eggs
- Set eggs on the counter ahead of time so they can come up to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine the 3 large eggs with salt, 1 tablespoon milk (or optional water), and whisk or blend with a fork.
- Heat a 9-inch non-stick skillet to medium heat and melt 1 teaspoon of butter (or use oil, or a combination of oil and butter), spreading to coat the entire skillet bottom.
- Pour the eggs into the center of your heated skillet
- Then tilt the skillet to spread the egg mixture out toward the skillet edge.
- Once the eggs begin to firm up, use a spatula to lift the edges and tilt the remaining uncooked egg toward the edges.
- Break any bubbles that are forming and fill them with the uncooked egg as well.
- Leave the omelet to set and cook fully for about 10-15 seconds after filling gaps and rounding out the edges.
- Then fill with half of the grated cheddar cheese and optional ingredients.
- Using the spatula, flip the first edge inward over the filling to the opposite edge and close the omelet.
- Slide the cooked omelet onto a plate and finish topping with the remaining half of cheese.
- Add any other toppings desired (avocado, tomatoes, chili, salsa, etc.) and serve immediately.
Comments: 10/18?2022 - I made this for two people, and served with steamed
asparagus and green salad. I used a 9-inch, steel skillet. I also used one cup of
shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese, olive oil, and 4-ounces of mushrooms. I put
3/4 of the cheese and all the mushrooms into the omelet before folding it and then
the rest of the cheese on top after folding. We added salsa on top.
11/13?2022 - Again this was for two people, and served with steamed carrots
and green salad.
I used the mushrooms. I only used 3/4 cup of cheese inside
the omlet. I added 1 teaspoon of pseudo-salt, which made it taste too slaty.
I cooked the eggs for about 11 minutes and they were done but still nicely soft.
Source: Based on https://bakeitwithlove.com/cheese-omelet/
Return to the main page