Name: Asparagus Stir-Fry, Version 2
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, sugar, broth, soy sauce and ginger until blended.
- Set aside.
- In a small skillet or wok, stir-fry the asparagus, mushrooms, carrot and garlic in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Comments: 11/13/2021 - I followed the recipe, except substituting powdered
garlic and ginger for fresh.
Return to the main page