Name: Turkey Tetrazzini
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup butter (1/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 2/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chopped cooked turkey
- Preheat oven to 350º F (175º C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain, and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour. Mix in chicken broth and milk.
- Cook and stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in about 1 1/3 cups Parmesan cheese, and remove from heat.
- Mix chicken broth mixture and turkey with spaghetti.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until surface is lightly browned.
Comments: 10/26/2015 - In place of spaghetti, I used 2 cups of rotini and 2/3 cup
of elbows; in place of turkey, chicken breast; and, substituted a cup of bouillon for
one of the three cups of chicken broth. It took a very long time for the broth, milk, flour,
and butter mixture to come to a boil; I gave up before it was fully boiling. The
pasta and sauce mixture overflowed our largest caserole dish, and I tossed out
some of the liquid. I added a small amount of cheddar to the Parmesan topping
the caserole and baked it for 50 minutes.
Return to the main page