Name: Thai Seafood Chowder
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 can (about 13 ounces) lite coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon grass, such as Thai Kitchen
- 2 cups water
- 1 large (about 9 grams) fish flavor bouillon cube, such as Knorr
- 1 can (about 6 ounces) pink salmon, flaked and drained
- 1 can (about 6 ounces) lump crabmeat
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, thawed if frozen, cut in bite-size pieces
Yield: 6 servings
- Combine the salsa, coconut milk, lemon grass and water in a saucepan, cook over medium heat until boiling.
- Add the bouillon cube and stir to dissolve.
- Stir in the salmon, crab and shrimp and heat through, about 2 minutes.
Comments: This recipe can be used for leftover salmon, but you need
a lot of other ingredients to go with the salmon.
4/22/2012 - I made this using 3/4 cup of Ortega green salsa, 1 teaspoon
of chicken bouillon in place of fish flavor bouillon and some fresh
lemon balm from the garden in place of lemon grass. We enjoyed it.
Return to the main page