Name: Stir-fry Scallops & Vegetables
- 1 lb scallops
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (or 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thin diagonally
- 4 green onions cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of green pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil (or olive oil)
Yield: With rice and a vegetable, this fed Gail, me and Nyuma.
- Cut scallops into 1/2 inch cubes
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic, and ginger
- Pour over scallops, toss, and set aside to marinate
- Heat peanut oil at medium high heat
- Add celery, green onions, and green pepper
- Stir fry until tender (about 2 minutes)
- Add scallops and marinade
- Cook until scallops are tender (about 2 minutes)
Comments: 3/31/07 - I cooked the scallops at least twice as long.
They were still OK, but could easily have gotten tough.
5/6/07 - I cooked the scallops 3 1/2 minutes, after marinating them
in the refrigerator all afternoon. They were fine.
9/11/13 - Red sweat pepper in place of green gave added color.
11/1/2016 - I made a half-batch, and added 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter
to the olive oil to give it a peanuty flavor. I cooked the
scallops about 3 minutes.
Source: Elaine House in "Recipes from Cincoteague compiled by
Members and Friends of Christ United Methodist Church"
Return to the main page