Name: Stir-Fried Chicken with Broccoli and Cashews
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 cups broccoli flowerets and pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup cashew halves
Yield: 4 servings
- Cut chicken into 1-inch strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar and garlic.
- Add chicken pieces and stir to coat with mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk chicken broth into cornstarch and set aside.
- In a wok or sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil until almost smoking hot.
- Add broccoli and red pepper strips, tossing and stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Add onion and stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, chicken and soy sauce mixture
- Stir-fry for another 7 or so minutes, or until chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- Stir broth and cornstarch mixture until cornstarch dissolves, and add to skillet.
- Cook, stirring 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in cashew halves and serve.
Comments: 2/22/2011 - Made w/o the broccoli, used chicken tenders
instead of breasts, included mushrooms
3/20/2013 - Mild flavor.
Nutrition (per serving): 436 calories, 161 calories from fat, 18.4g total fat, 68.4mg cholesterol, 639.7mg sodium, 1371mg potassium, 34g carbohydrates, 11 g fiber, 8.6g sugar, 37.9g protein.
Return to the main page