Name: Stewed Mexican Zucchini (Calabacitas Guisada)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ small white onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 zucchini, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 14-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
Yield: 8 servings
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the hot oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini slices and stewed tomatoes, and stir gently.
- Cover and cook until the zucchini is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the Cheddar cheese.
- Allow to sit until the cheese has melted.
Comments: 3/12/2013 - Not bad
Return to the main page