Name: Spinach and Potato Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 small red potatoes, sliced
- Optional: sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Place potatoes in the skillet, cover, and cook about 10 minutes, until tender but firm.
- If using mushrooms, add them 2 minutes before the potatoes are done.
- Mix in spinach, green onions, and garlic. Season. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- Pour into the skillet over the vegetables & sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until eggs are firm, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Optional: If using an all-metal skillet, stop stovetop cooking after 8 minutes
and put under broiler in oven for another 3 to 4 minutes
Comments: Source says 10 minutes to prepare and 20 more to cook.
10/14/2010 - Used 2 medium red potatoes and added ~4 oz of mushrooms
2 minutes before the potatoes were done. Should use more than one
cup of spinach. Eggs took longer to be firm. Gail liked it!
1/9/2011 - Took 18 minutes or more for the eggs to be firm
4/30/2012 - Used one small sweet potato in place of the red potatoes;
12/12/2016 - Used 4 medium red potatoes, cut in half and then sliced,
with 1 teaspoon of salt substitute and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
Return to the main page