Name: Sautéd Spinach and Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Yield: 4 servings
- Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan or skillet (not nonstick) over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes (do not let the garlic brown).
- Push the garlic off to the side of the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Increase the heat to medium high and season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are cooked through and begin to become golden in spots, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the spinach, sprinkle with an additional pinch of salt and turn with tongs until wilted. (If you can't fit all the spinach in the pan, cover it for a few minutes, then uncover, stir and add the rest.)
- Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with the vinegar and serve warm.
Comments: 1/1/2020 I substituted 1 teaspoon of garlic powder for the smashed
garlic cloves. I used about 1 cup of pre-sliced baby bellas and 9-oz baby spinach.
Return to the main page