Name: Sausage Frittata
- 1 (14 ounce) package Tofurky Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 small red potatoes, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed (or 1 teaspoon powdered)
- 4 mushrooms, sliced thin
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
Yield: 6-8 servings
- Cook sausage in large skillet in 1/2 inch of boiling water ~10 minutes or until hot.
- Remove sausage, pour out water, and heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Place potatoes in the skillet, cover, and cook about 10 minutes, until tender but firm.
- Slice sausages into 'coin'-sized pieces.
- Mix in green onions, mushrooms and garlic. Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Beat eggs, milk and pepper in large bowl.
- Pour sausage and eggs mixture mixture into skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes, occasionally lifting edge with spatula and tilting skillet to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. (Do not stir.)
- Reduce heat to medium-low, sprinkle with the grated cheese, cover, and
cook 14-17 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Optional: If using an all-metal skillet, stop stovetop cooking after 8 minutes
and put under broiler in oven for another 3 to 4 minutes
- Cut into wedges or squares to serve.
Comments: Served 11/6/2011 to Doug and family for Gail's birthday
12/13/2012 - included 4 sliced mushrooms with the green onions and garlic.
Cooked on the stovetop 10 minutes after adding the eggs, and then
put in the oven under the broiler for 4 minutes. Modified recipe.
2/19/2013 - Used mushrooms again with 8 oz Boca veggie breakfast links. Updated recipe.
4/4/2016 - Chopped potatoes into size of small dice, but still took over 10
minutes to be tender.
1/8/2017 - Used a 13-oz package of Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage
veggie sausage and a medium-sized Russett potato. Potato was
finely chopped and was tender after 10 minutes.
4/1/2017 - I forgot to get mushrooms and green onions, but substituted a
half an onion, chopped. I used 12-oz of Lightlife Smart Sausages Chorizo,
and doubled the amount of pepper. It was too spicy for Gail.
9/2/2018 - I made this with pre-grilled bratwurst and chicken sausage.
Source: Combination of http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sausage-Frittata/Detail.aspx and
Return to the main page