Name: Smoked Sausage and Potato Skillet
- 1 1/2 lb (650g) small baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 package smoked sausage, sliced into coins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or butter, or ghee)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium chicken stock (or beef, vegetable…)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of your choice (we used Sriracha)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan, optional
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Add the baby potatoes to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until golden and cooked through, around 10-12 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Transfer potatoes to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet with the remaining tablespoon oil, brown the sausage
on all sides for around 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add onion and red bell pepper, and season with garlic, red pepper flakes,
Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook vegetables and sausage for 2 to 3 minutes until softened.
- Deglaze with 1/4 cup stock, stir in the hot sauce and stir to coat the sausage and veggies.
- Add the sautéed potatoes back to the skillet
and mix everything together to reheat the potatoes.
- Adjust seasoning, garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately with parmesan.
Comments: 3/10/2022 - I used three red and one medium Russet potatoes, and
Field Roast Smoked Apple & Sage plant-based sausages for Gail and Spicy Argentine Smoked
Chorizo for me. I included a few small mushrooms, and omitted the pepper flakes and hot sauce.
Because of the different spiciness of the sausages, I left them whole rather than sliced.
We had a little more than one meals worth.
Return to the main page