Name: Sarah's Spinach Side Dish
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Yield: 2 servings
- Melt whipped butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir flour, garlic salt, and kosher salt into the melted butter until smooth.
- Whisk in low-fat milk, bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer sauce until thickened, whisking constantly, about 1 minute.
- Stir spinach into the sauce and heat until warmed through, 1 to 2 more minutes.
Comments: 12/21/2014 - Sprinkled sauce with garlic powder instead of
of pinches garlic salt and kosher salt
7/31/2018 - I used 1/4 teaspoon each of garlic powder and of salt substitute.
12/30/2018 - A 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and salt substitute
made the dish taste garlicky, but it was OK for Gail.
Return to the main page