Name: Roasted Garlic-Potato Soup
- 2 yellow potatoes, unpeeled and cut into cubes (about 2 lbs)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Yield: Four servings
- Boil potatoes until soft to a fork (maybe 20 minutes, starting with cold water)
- Drain and mash (Best done in the saucepan to reduce splatters)
- Add butter, salt, and milk
- Stir with a fork or whisk until well blended.
- Add 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until the cheese melts.
- Spoon into bowls.
- Spread evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, green onions, and pepper
Comments: This recipe originally was originally based on
instant roasted garlic mashed potatoes. You
can find that version of the recipe here. The new version was developed to
use real mashed potatoes.
10/27/2012 - I added 4 vegetarian sausages, cut into coins, before
adding the cheese.
I served it with Cucumber and Tomato Salad and
store-bought artisan bread.
Source: Cooking Light: 5 Ingredient, 15 Minute Cookbook, Oxmoor House, 2004, page 77.
Return to the main page