Name: Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup, or 1 additional tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Yield: 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- For easy cleanup, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub the carrots and dry well.
If any of the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise
- Cut the unpeeled carrots crosswise on the diagonal in 1 1/2-inch slices.
- Toss the carrots with oil and honey mixture to coat evenly.
- Place the carrots in the center of the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and thyme over the top.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the carrots are browned and tender,
tossing once halfway through.
- Sprinkle with the fresh parsley and toss once more to coat.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired.
Comments: 8/26/2023 - I used 3 carrots (about 2/3 pounds), but with
the full amount of coatings. I used maple syrup instead of honey.
I roasted them for 25 minutes at 475º.
10/16/2023 - I used two large carrots and roasted them at 415º.
Based on: https://www.wellplated.com/tahini-roasted-carrots/
Return to the main page