Name: Roasted Beets 'n' Sweets
- 6 medium beets, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
Yield: 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, toss the beets with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to coat.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake beets 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Place the sweet potatoes and onion in the bag.
- Seal bag, and shake to coat vegetables with the oil mixture.
- Mix sweet potato mixture with the beets on the baking sheet.
- Continue baking 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.
Comments: 3/2/2015 - I used one sweet potato, half a red onion, and a can of sliced beets,
drained and rinsed. I did not bake the cooked beets first, but added them to
the other vegetables after the first 20 minutes.
Return to the main page