Name: Quantum Curry by Robert Bower
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- Course ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped coarsely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped coarsely
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and deveined and chopped coarsely
- 3 Chiquita bananas, cut crosswise in 1" chunks
- 2-3 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Yield: 4 servings
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle pepper over cubed chicken, toss and put in pan and cook for about 10 min., stirring occasionally to lightly brown chicken on all sides.
- Push chicken to side and add onion, garlic and peppers to the side that has been cleared.
- Cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally until the onion begins to soften (about 5 min.).
- Stir the chicken and vegetable together, add the curry powder and salts and stir to coat meat and vegetable.
- Add stock and bananas and continue stirring, cooking for about 5 min. until liquids are slightly reduced.
- Add yogurt and blend in, heating until all ingredients are hot.
- Serve with rice and chutney.
Comments: Time 10 min., Cook Time 22-25 min.
11/29/2011. I used one jalapeño, three tablespoons of curry powder, one teaspoon
salt substitute, and no seasoned salt. It tasted good. Preparation took
much longer than 10 mintes.
Return to the main page