Name: Potato and Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 small potatoes, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 8 oz frozen lima beans or 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 large eggs, beaten in a bowl
Yield: Serves two
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Place potatoes in pot, cover and cook about 7 minutes
- Add the carrot, onion and mushrooms, and sauté until the vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, bring back to boil
- Add basil.
- While slowly stirring the soup in a circular motion, slowly drizzle the eggs into the soup.
- Cook just until the eggs form streaks throughout the soup.
- Serve and enjoy.
Comments: 1/10/2013 - first attempt
Source: Based on other soup and frittata recipes
Return to the main page