Name: Pie Crust (Fool Proof)
"Grandma's Recipe: Perfect, flaky dough every time!
This is a pie crust that has been in my family forever."
- 4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add flour, shortening and salt in bowl. crumble with fork.
- Add egg to warm water with vinegar....mix.
- Make well in flour mix. Add vinegar, egg, water.
- Fold together until a sticky dough..squeeze together.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Separate into pieces for pie or pasty or whatever you are making.
Can freeze any remaining dough.
Source: By Ann Cole and Tony Ravnik in Growing up in Iron River, Michigan.
Return to the main page