Name: Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
- 3/4 cup butter cubed (6 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh peach slices (Frozen or canned peaches may be used. Drain canned peaches well.)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (If using frozen blueberries, dont thaw first.)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the cubed butter to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish or pan. Place the dish in the oven for a few minutes until the butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly over the melted butter in the pan (do not stir!). The melted butter will rise up over the batter.
- Toss the peach slices and blueberries with the lemon juice and spread them evenly over the batter (again, do not stir).
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top and and bake 40-50 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Allow the cobbler to cool a few minutes before serving.
Comments: Serve with ice cream.
8/13/2023 - Mostly, I followed the recipe. I used one fresh peach, which wasnt really ripe, with
one can of peaches, frozen blueberries, and juice from 1/2 lemon. The fruit and brown sugar
was not as evenly spread as I wanted. It was golden brown after 40 minutes.
I cut it into 24 pieces and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Return to the main page