Name: One-Pot Chicken Alfredo
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. fetuccini
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Yield: Serves 4
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until golden and no longer pink, about 8 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate to rest, then slice.
- To the pan, add milk, chicken stock and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes.
- Let cook about 8 minutes more, or to your desired doneness.
- Add cream and Parmesan and stir until combined.
- Simmer 2 more minutes, or until the sauce thickens, and season again with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sliced chicken.
- Serve immediately with parsley.
Comments: 20 minutes prep and 30 minutes total time
2/26/2018 - I used precooked chicken and a half box each of linguine and angel hair pasta.
There was too much pasta so the result was quite dry. I used 1/2 teaspoon of salt substitute
and 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and substituted 1 teaspoon of garlic powder for the
minced cloves of garlic.
Return to the main page