Name: Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- 5 potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
Yield: 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool, peel and chop.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil
- Cover pot, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove eggs from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise.
- Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled.
Comments: 9/22/2017 - I improvised with only one potato and two eggs.
I substituted plain yogurt for mayonnaise. The result was somewhat sweet due
to the pickle relish. Gail liked it.
10/21/2017 - Again, I scaled the recipe to one potato. The center of the potato
seemed to be overly firm after 15 minutes in boiling water.
8/15/2018 - I used three potatoes, two eggs, and about half a Vidalia onion.
I cooked the potatoes for
15 minutes; they could have gone a minute longer. I forgot the mustard,
but it was still good.
Return to the main page