Name: No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 tbsp. (or 1 stick) butter or soft trans-fat free margarine
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
Yield: 18 cookies
- Combine sugar, margarine, milk, and cocoa in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, about 10 to 15 minutes stove time.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the oats.
- Use a tablespoon to drop batter onto waxed paper or foil.
- Let stand until firm and cool, about 30 minutes.
- Store tightly covered..
Comments: Optionally add 2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 cup of walnuts
with the oatmeal.
4/26/2018 - 1st time
Return to the main page