Name: Moroccan-Style Carrots
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- A pinch of cayenne
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
Yield: 4 servings
- In a steamer set over boiling water, steam the carrots, covered,
for 8 minutes, or until they are just tender.
- In a skillet cook the garlic in the oil over moderately low heat,
stirring, for 1 minute, or until it is fragrant.
- Add the cumin, the cinnamon, the sugar, the cayenne, and the carrots,
and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute, or until the carrots are
well-coated with the mixture.
- Stir in the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste,
transfer the carrots to a bowl, and let them cool to room temperature.
Comments: 11/30/2011. I used 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne and I used
lime juice instead of lemon.
3/19/2013 - I used the juice from one lemon; it was a little too strong. I also
served it warm.
Return to the main page