Name: Mint Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Put 1/3 cup of the mint in a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl.
- In a small stainless-steel saucepan, bring the water to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Add the sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the vinegar, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Pour the mixture over the mint in the bowl.
- Let sit 15 minutes.
- Strain the mint sauce through a sieve into a sauceboat or serving bowl.
- Stir in the remaining mint.
- Pass the sauce with the fish.
Comments: Use with tuna, salmon, or mackerel
1/28/2019 Gail thought it went OK with salmon.
Return to the main page