Name: Microwave Baked Potatoes
Yield: as needed
- Wash potatoes
- Pierce skin on four sides with a fork or knife
- Place on paper towel in the microwave
- Arrange potatoes at least 1 inch apart
- Cook for the following durations:
1 potato - 4-5 minutes
2 potatoes - 6-8 minutes
3 potatoes - 8-10 minutes
4 potatoes - 10-12 minutes
5 potatoes - 12-15 minutes
6 potatoes - 15-20 minutes
- Turn each potato over halfway through cooking
- When done, the potato should give slightly when squeezed
- Wrap potatoes in a clean towel or foil and let stand
for 5-10 minutes
Comments: 9/14/2014 - Potatoes were done, but not very crusty.
11/17/2015 - First I baked the potatoes in an oven at 450 for 20 minutes.
9/2/2019 - In the Moving House microwave, I used 16 minutes for
3 potatoes. They still felt hard after 10 minutes.
Source: Sunset Microwave Cook Book, Lane Publishing Co., 1981
Return to the main page