Name: Lime Shrimp Kabob
- 16 large shrimp
- 3 large limes (6 tablespoons lime juice)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 8 medium cherry tomatoes
- 8 small white-button mushrooms
Yield: Serves two
- Squeeze limes, and add garlic, pepper, olive oil & cilantro, and stir
- Place shrimp in a bowl and pour marinade over them
- Marinate for 10 to 15 minutes. Not over 30 minutes!
- Put two shrimp, a tomato and a mushroom on each skewer
- Grill until the shrimp are just cooked through (less than 12 minutes)
- Use lettuce, extra limes and cilantro as garnish
Comments: 5/7/2013 - I used frozen shrimp with 21 to 25 shrimp per pound.
I did not realize that they had not been de-shelled. Grilling them for
12 minutes left them over done and tough.
Source: Aetna insurance newsletter (See also www.intelihealth.com)
Return to the main page