Name: Honey Balsamic Glazed Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 400º F
- Wash and peel the carrots, and cut them into one-inch pieces.
- Place the carrots on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil
- Add salt and pepper, then toss the carrots until coated.
- Transfer the carrots to the oven and roast for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the honey balsamic glaze.
- Add the honey and balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pot and stir to combine.
- Simmer the glaze over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, or until it has
reduced and thickened slightly.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the butter.
- Stir until the butter has melted into the glaze.
- When the carrots are finished roasting, drizzle the glaze over the top and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.
Source: Feeding America
Return to the main page