Name: Hearty Spinach and Tofu Risotto
- 8 oz tofu, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 14-oz can Italian tomatoes, chopped, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 10-oz pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
Yield: 8 servings
- Place tofu in blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes and oregano.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tofu, rice, spinach, 1/4 c. of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining cheese and sesame seed.
Comments: 5/6/2020 - During the covid-19 epidemic, I substituted
16-oz spinach for the 10-oz, Mexican cheese for the Swiss cheese,
and a can of diced tomatoes for the fresh ones.
I forgot to grease the casserole dish, and to add the salt and pepper.
I used our largest casserole dish.
Return to the main page