Name: Ground Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes (depending on heat preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb ground beef
- 5-6 cups frozen broccoli florets
- green onions, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes,
ground ginger, minced garlic, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef and cook until halfway done.
- Add the broccoli to the same skillet.
- Continue cooking until beef is done and broccoli is cooked to your liking.
- Add sauce to the pan and cook over medium heat for a couple minutes,
- Serve over white rice, sprinkled with green onions and sesame seeds.
Comments: 8/19/2017 - I added 1/2 an onion, and substituted 2 1/2 cooked
ground turkey patties and a head of broccoli. I forgot the sesame seeds
and omitted the green onions. We got about 5 servings from it.
Return to the main page