Name: Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Ears of corn
- Kosher salt
Yield: As many ears as you want
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Pull the outer husks down the ear to the base and strip away the silk from each ear of corn by hand.
- Fold husks back into place, and place the ears of corn in a large bowl of cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt for 10 minutes.
- Remove corn from water and shake off excess.
- Place the corn on the grill, close the cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until kernels are tender when pierced with a paring knife.
- Remove the husks and eat on the cob or remove the kernels.
- Spread corn with Butter, BBQ Butter and/or Herb Butter while hot.
Comments: Original recipe included directions for BBQ Butter and Herb Butter to be used on the corn.
7/7/2019 - This worked well. I soaked the ears one end at a time.
5/28/2023 - I soaked two ears in the 2-quart measuring cup. It was hard to
tell when the corn was done enough. The process took about an hour, and the corn was fine.
Return to the main page