Name: Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, as uniform in size as possible
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Yield: 4 servings
- Heat grill to medium.
- Cut off the stem end of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellowing outer leaves.
- Place the Brussels sprouts into a large, microwave safe mixing bowl and heat in the microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, mustard, paprika and salt and toss to combine.
- Allow the sprouts to cool until you can handle them.
- Skewer 4 to 5 Brussels sprouts onto each metal skewer with the stem ends facing in the same direction, leaving at least 1/2-inch in between each sprout.
- Place the skewers onto the grill with stem end closest to the flame.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- For additional flavor, return the sprouts to the original mixing bowl and toss with any of the remaining oil and garlic mixture before serving.
Return to the main page